The American Voice in Poetry: the Legacy of Whitman, Williams, and Ginsberg is looking for poems rooted in the literary tradition that honors place, voice, and specificity. The contest will produce an anthology of the selected poems.
The winners will be invited to read their poems at a book launch for the anthology of winning poems to be held on Saturday, April 10, 2010 at the Poetry Center in Paterson, NJ.
- Two poems per person will be accepted for consideration.
- Two copies of each poem should be submitted with name, address, phone number, and email on one copy of each poem.
- Poems should be no more than two manuscript pages.
- Do not submit poems that imitate poems by Whitman, Ginsberg and Williams!
- Only unpublished poems may be submitted to this contest.
- Deadline: November 15, 2009
- Please include SASE for list of winners.
- Winners will be contacted by email or by phone, if email is not available.
- Please do not call our office in reference to the contest.
Send poems to:
Maria Mazziotti Gillan
Passaic County Community College
One College Boulevard
Paterson, New Jersey 07506