A friend of mine (not a poet) recently asked me, "Ken, you're a poet. What would a poet like to get as a gift?"
Well, my first thought was that they want the same things as everyone else. (Poets are not really that strange.) But, I know what she meant. What kinds of things with a connection to poetry or writing would someone who writes poetry enjoy getting?
I gave it some thought and emailed a list and a few suggestions. I added that list to this blog on the home page as the current poll.
- poetry books (of poems, about poetry, about writing or poets)
- poetry read on audio
- blank books for writing
- music that is inspirational
- gourmet food (yes, that can be inspirational!)
- coffee / tea
- wine or other beverages
- a writing getaway (pricey but very cool)
- a Kindle book reader
- writing tools (pens, notebooks, magnetic poetry..)