We are not the only ones that were considering gifts for the poetically inclined.
From a post (and the additional comments) on Poetic Asides, come a few suggestions including the standard stuff (poetry collections)and some other ideas:
- give a gift subscription to your favorite literary journal and support small presses
- a framed poem
- for the DIY crowd, a poetic decoration (poetry trees?)
- a collection of your own poems (Is that too self-promotional?) Maybe just
- your own poem on a holiday card
- or including an appropriate poem with that bottle of wine or gift