April 26, 2012

Poem in Your Pocket Day


Poem In Your Pocket Day
Today is national Poem In Your Pocket Day. April 26, 2012 is the day during National Poetry Month to select a poem you love and carry it with you to share with co-workers, family, and friends.

You can also share your poem selection on Twitter by using the hashtag #pocketpoem.

The hope is that poems from pockets will be unfolded throughout the day with events in parks, libraries, schools, workplaces, and bookstores.  Along with your library, bookstore, or shelf at home, you can find the perfect poem for your pocket by browsing the Poets.org website. You can also download pocket-sized Poem PDFs to print and share.

My poem will be in my pocket but on my phone. I have several mobile poetry archives (including the app from poets.org) so I actually have thousands of poems, as well as poet biographies and historical essays at my fingertips, anytime and anywhere.

Share a poem today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

* * All comments must be approved by the site administrator before appearing in order to prevent spam.