July 31, 2009

ReadWritePoem

I don't know if it is a bad "business" decision to point you to other sites that offer writing prompts, but hopefully you'll still return to this site and our own regular monthly writing prompt. ReadWritePoem has a mission that feels very similar to Poets Online -
Read Write Poem is an online gathering place for those who love poetry — and for those who suspect that, with a little nurturing, they could grow to love poetry. Whether you are new to writing poetry or have been writing for years, you are welcome here. If you don’t write poetry but love to read and discuss it, this is also the place for you. (And who knows? After participating for a few months, you might realize you want to try your hand at writing a poem or two after all.)
- but they certainly have more staff than Poets Online since it's hard to get smaller than one. I came across the site via a guest prompt by Dorianne Laux that is a good place to start.

1 comment:

  1. I like the ReadWrite site. However, I like your prompts better. I enjoy how you leave yours pretty open-ended and that you don't overanalyze the poem that you used as part of the prompt. I enjoyed the poem, "Pokeberries," by Ruth Stone. Overall, I like the site. It's different from yours. A little too directive but I am sure some writers like that.

    ReplyDelete

* * All comments must be approved by the site administrator before appearing in order to prevent spam.