There is something magic about holding a book of your work (poems, stories, photos, recipes...)
At one time, publishing your own book used to be called the "vanity press" but these days lots of writers are self-publishing. I should do a longer post on some of the better publishers for that. It doesn't take as much time, technical skills, money , or a friendly editor, agent, contest judge or publisher to actually publish a book - or 100 copies of that book.
One service that a friend used recently and liked is Blurb.
- Prices start at only $12.95 for a 40-page softcover, $22.95 for Hardcover, Dust Jacket and $24.95 for Hardcover, ImageWrap.
- Their bookmaking software is free.
- All feature professional bindings and coated, semi-matte paper.
- You can order just one copy or many, and you have the option to place your book in Blurb’s bookstore for friends and family to purchase.
- Interesting formats -a distinctive Square 7x7 to Landscape 10x8 or Portrait 8x10 to Large Format Landscape 13x11.
- Dozens of book styles, backgrounds, page designs, and text options to showcase your writing.
- Orders arrive on your doorstep in approximately 7 to 10 business days
Nicely done website with lots samples - check out "poetry" to start.