If you ever look at the Live Traffic Feed here on the blog, you see that we get a good number of visitors from outside the United States.
This month we featured Coral Bracho (Mexico) for our writing prompt, and I'd like to use more world poets in the future.
If you're a reader from outside the United States (or a world-wise U.S. reader), please leave a comment and tell us what world poets we should consider for the site. Who are the most popular poets in your country? Give us a web link to their poems. Unfortunately, we are an English language site, so we're looking for either translation or foreign poets who also write in English.
I'm no expert on world poetry. I have been looking at poetrytranslation.org which has poems in a good number of languages.
- Amharic Amharic poets and Amharic poems
- Arabic Arabic poets and Arabic poems
- Assamese Assamese poets and Assamese poems
- Dari Dari poets and Dari poems
- Farsi Farsi poets and Farsi poems
- Gujarati Gujarati poets and Gujarati poems
- Hebrew Hebrew poets and Hebrew poems
- Hindi Hindi poets and Hindi poems
- Indonesian Indonesian poets and Indonesian poems
- Korean Korean poets and Korean poems
- Kurdish Kurdish poets and Kurdish poems
- Pashto Pashto poets and Pashto poems
- Portuguese Portuguese poets and Portuguese poems
- Siraiki Siraiki poets and Siraiki poems
- Somali Somali poets and Somali poems
- Spanish Spanish poets and Spanish poems
- Turkish Turkish poets and Turkish poems
- Urdu Urdu poets and Urdu poems